Phil Spector: The Fall
Episode date - January 26, 2007
With this show, we conclude our two-part series on the work of Phil Spector. The first show documented his rise to the pinnacle of fame, as a record producer extraordinaire whose fame and accomplishments outshone that of his artists.
Now we tell a significantly different story. Here, we document Spector’s career from his peak in 1964, to his eventual decline and finally, his upcoming trial for murder or manslaughter. It’s a long way down. Is Spector a victim of his own personal demons or of a society bent on recrimination, or is it true that time wounds all heels? Either way, the music stands up.
Here’s a list of songs featured:
1) You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling – The Righteous Brothers
2) Unchained Melody – The Righteous Brothers
3) River Deep, Mountain High – Ike and Tina Turner
4) Instant Karma – John Ono Lennon
5) Let It Be – The Beatles (original “Let It Be” version)
6) Let It Be – The Beatles (“Let It Be...Naked” version)
7) My Sweet Lord – George Harrison
8) Imagine – John Lennon
9) True Love Leaves No Traces – Leonard Cohen
10) Do You Remember Rock and Roll Radio? – The Ramones
11) All Things Must Pass – George Harrison (edited)