Britain Before "The Invasion": A New Perspective
Episode date - April 23, 2010
How Music Changed is primarily the story of how American music changed and developed, but this chapter focuses on music that is generally obscure to most Americans.
Nevertheless, these songs would eventually coalesce into one of the most influential music trends in pop music history, so starting with this show, we look at the music that caused the British Invasion to happen.
1) She Loves you – The Beatles
2) Dinah – The Quintette of the Hot Club of France
3) Small Town – Al Bowlly
4) Imagine Me on the Maginot Line – George Formby
5) We’ll Meet Again – Vera Lynn
6) Bluebell Polka – Jimmy Shand
7) He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands – Laurie London
8) Bad Penny Blues – Humphrey Littleton
9) The Isle of Capri – Ken Colyer
10) Petite Fleur – Chris Barber
11) Rock Island Line – Lonnie Donegan
12) Midnight Special – Ken Colyer's Skiffle Group