If you are going to discuss pop music from the year 1973, then you have no choice but to wade through the ‘mixed bag’ of that era.
In the ‘60s, we saw pop stars develop into album artists. In the seventies, those same artists continued to focus on albums, while a new breed of pop stars existed solely for the singles market. That scenario left us with one of the most splintered, weird and diverse pop hits you could imagine.
This show revels in that variety, with a handful of really great singles, offset by some commercial swill – just for comparison’s sake, of course!
Featured tracks include:
1) Alive – The Bee Gees
2) Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree – Tony Orlando and Dawn
3) You Are the Sunshine of My Life – Stevie Wonder
4) The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia – Vicki Lawrence
5) Cisco Kid – War
6) Drift Away – Dobie Gray
7) Stuck in the Middle with You – Stealer’s Wheel
8) Call Me (Come Back Home) – Al Green
9) A Daisy a Day – Jed Strunk
10) Hocus Pocus – Focus
11) Reelin’ in the Years – Steely Dan
- 1 of 6